We understand that for some patients, undergoing dental procedures can be stressful both physically and mentally.
Local anesthetic should relieve any discomfort, but nitrous oxide (laughing gas), oral sedation, and IV sedation are available to relieve anxiety. We want to make you experience the best possible and realize that many patients might need sedation for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
• Fear of anxiety about dental procedures
• Previous difficulty with anesthesia
• Severe gag reflex
• Difficult opening as with joint problems
• Medically compromised patients (physical or mental handicap, etc.)
The following sedations are available for your comfort:
• Nitrous Oxide: You will be able to drive home following treatment
• Oral Sedation: You will need a driver to take you home.
• I.V. Sedation: You will need a driver to take you home.
If you have difficulty or fear undergoing dental procedures and feel that sedation would be helpful for you, please contact our office before your appointment. Special arrangements or accommodations are necessary for scheduling treatment with sedation.